The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service  (CAMHS) provides support and treatment to children and young people with mental health problems.

CAMHS is a specialist service, children and young people need to be referred by another professional, for example, a Doctor, Health Visitor, School Nurse, Teacher or Social Worker.

If you are concerned about your child we suggest you contact your GP who can make the referral for you, an assessment is then carried out by the CAMHS team.

If your child has been deregistered from school they can still access the CAMHS services.